Signs Of Qiyamah:
Hadhrat Abu Musa Ash’ari (R.A.) narrates that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, “Following are the signs of Qiyamah
- When it will be considered as a shame to act on Quranic orders.
- When dishonest people will be regarded as honest and the truthful will be regarded as dishonest.
- It will be warm in winter.
- When the interval of days is stretched, i.e. a passage of a few days is covered in a matter of hours.
- When lecturers and speakers lie openly.
- People will quarrel over minor problems.
- When women with children come dissatisfied on account of them bearing offspring, and barren women remain pleased on account of having no accountability of children.
- When jealousy, greed, and oppression become the demand of the day.
- People will blatantly follow their whims and passions.
- When lies succeed over the truth.
- When violence, killing, and disorder become common.
- There will be a time when immorality overtakes shamelessness and is perpetrated publicly.
- When law matters relating to Deen are given to the most horrible elements of the Ummat, and if people receive them and are satisfied with their findings, then such persons will not scent the fragrance of paradise.
- When the children become a cause of sorrow and irritation (for their parents).
According to Hadeeth: Signs of Qiyamah:
The following is part of a lengthy Hadith by Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Mas’ood (R.A.) when he asked the Prophet (PBUH) about the Signs of Qiyamah.
- Song and musical instruments will be found in every home.
- People will spoil in homosexuality.
- There will be an abundance of illegitimate children.
- There will be plenty of critics, tale-carriers, back-biters, and taunters in culture.
- People will create ties with the unfamiliar person and severe relations with their near and dear ones.
- Pretenders will be in control of the affairs of the community and evil, immoral people will be at the helm of business establishments.
- The Mosques will be ornamented, but the souls of the people will be devoid of direction.
- The courtyards of Mosques will be constructed attractively and tall mimbars (pulpits) will be created.
- Criminals and sinful people will succeed.
- Several wines will be consumed extremely.
Auf bin Malik (R.A.) said once I visit prophet (PBUH), while he was in his skin tent during the Tabuk expedition. He said to me,
“Count six signs of Qyamah before the arrival of Qayamat:
1 My death
2 The conquest of Jerusalem
3 Mass deaths among you people, just as when sheep die in large numbers during an epidemic
4 Great quantity of wealth to such an amount that if a person were to be given a hundred Dinars he will still not be pleased
5 General anarchism and killing, that no Arab household will be spared from it
6 Then a life of peace as a result of a peace agreement between you and the Banil Asfaar
(Romans) which they will break and attack you with a force consisting of eighty flags and under each flag will be an army of twelve thousand men.” (Hadith: Sahih Bukhari).